Wednesday, August 3, 2022

The Back Story for Author Chris Smith and His Traditional Westerns


 
 I've been reading some of Chris Smith's westerns, lately. I'm a big fan of the American 'Oater' ever since the Lone Ranger, Hop-Along Cassidy, Bonanza, and Gunsmoke. Smith's westerns are excellent considering that he's from South Africa. I forget right now what we were talking about, but he related a great story about his early days as a writer. I quote, 'During my early days as a writer I didn't plan my stories out as well as I should have and I wrote my character into a corner. I had to rope in my twin brother for some help and there we were, two grown men, shooting at each other with imaginary guns at work as we recreated the scene.' Laugh out loud just doesn't cover it. I'm not going to be able to read my next Chris Smith western with visualizing these two grown men jumping off the divan, hiding behind the room divider shouting, 'pow, pow, bang, bang, I got you.' I like this Back Story. Jeff Bailey. 


For more on Chris Smith, follow him on Facebook, Amazon, GoodReads or his LinkedIn Blog.

For more on Jeff Bailey, check out his web page or follow him on Amazon,  GoodReads or his LinkedIn Blog.


Welcome to my World.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Bailey Reviews Across The Universe by Robbie Sheerin

  Robbie Sheerin 's new novella, Across the Universe, Not Really a Beatles Story sure is quirky in an offbeat humorous way. A bit of Sc...