Saturday, June 18, 2022

A Review of To Be A King by Gunner Lindbloom

 


I just finished Gunner Lindbloom’s To Be A King, vol I. OMG! Every page just oozed authenticity and realism. I like when an author writes what he knows, and it is obvious that Lindbloom knows this genre very intimately. The story chronicles the rise and fall of a Detroit mafioso and the extended family around him. T also showed the real side of the characters, hw they justified their chosen business and how they led very normal lives. I never thought about the fact that police arrests of some made-men creates opportunities for expansion for his associates and for his rivals. It is such a fluid, fragile, world. I rather liked King the main character. He wasn’t all bad and just trying to do the best he could in the world he was born into. There is so much story yet to tell. I have already bought my copy of To Be A King, vol. II. If this was a tv mini-series, I would binge-watch it. Excellent read and five stars for Gunner Lindbloom and for ToBe A King (both volumes). JAB, author of the conspiracy thriller Not On MyWatch.



For more on Gunner Lindbloom, go to his homepage or follow him on Amazon, GoodReads, or his LinkedIn blog.

For more on Jeff Bailey, go to his homepage, or follow him on Amazon, GoodReads, or his LinkedIn Blog.


Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Bailey Reviews Across The Universe by Robbie Sheerin

  Robbie Sheerin 's new novella, Across the Universe, Not Really a Beatles Story sure is quirky in an offbeat humorous way. A bit of Sc...